Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Confidence and LFR

     My confidence is such a fragile, fickle sort of thing. It builds, like it is building now, with every LFR I tank. I can queue for some of them now without feeling almost sick with panic while I wait for the queue to pop. I feel almost relaxed, and that's nice. The ones I've tanked before aren't so scary now. I know the fights, I know my job and seeing them always helps so much more than reading any number of guides or watching hours of videos. I like feeling confident.
     But I also know that the first time I mess up and someone yells at me I'll feel like crawling into a hole and never trying again. Because my confidence is fickle. I wish it wasn't. I wish I was a little more like Rim. His confidence is like the rest of his personality, steady and unwavering. He knows what he's doing and he knows above all things what his job is. He is the paladin who faces the monsters head on and holds the line, keeping them away from people without heavy armor and giant shields and unwavering faith. And he loves that job.
     And so do I, while my confidence is good. I hope it can hold up, because it does feel good to be tanking again. Rim's collected all his sigils and is off for the Chimera of Fear later tonight. I'm very proud of myself for making it that far. I didn't think I would. I am not sure I'll make it any further. That valor grind gets more obnoxious every time, but we'll see. Rim wants to keep doing his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment