Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Liebster Award: Mel's questions (part two)

First a random screenshot of Stonetalon Mountains at night because it's pretty.

The questions from Mel/Thela over at MoMaR. (Who is also hosting the awesome ROYGBiV transmog contest every month! Go look!)

1. How did you get started playing WoW?

I had played Everquest for a few years when it was fairly new so I wasn't new to the idea of MMOs but was resisting the idea of getting into another one after quitting EQ. But then my friend SprYte started playing. She played for several months and then finally talked me into letting her Recruit-a-Friend me. The rest is history.

2. What other games were you playing when you discovered WoW? 

Video games wise I was doing Fable and a little Dragon Age: Origins (I still haven't finished it. Bad WoW.) I was also doing D&D and Magic the Gathering.

3.  Did you create your blog because of WoW or another reason?

Entirely because of WoW. Before this blog I mostly had a livejournal about writing and books and a deviantart account.

4. What is your least favorite zone and why?

Hellfire Penninsula. Partly because it's ugly and orange and barren. Mostly because my main and a bunch of my older alts are on a pvp server and it's gank central. All the jerks hang out in Blasted Lands/Hellfire Penninsula to the point it's not even worth trying to quest there.

5. What old raid/dungeon do you miss the most and why?

I've never been a raider (not for lack of wanting to) so I don't miss old raids because I can go back to them whenever. But I do miss the Cataclysm heroics surprisingly. Not so much for the dungeons, though Halls of Origination is really kind of neat, but because back then I had a busy guild and could always find at least one or two people to queue with me. I miss that.

6. If you could be a dungeon/raid boss, what would your tag lines(things you would shout at players as they beat upon you) be?

This is a tough one... and I originally thought of answering for Seish the raid boss then reread the question and am answering for me as a raid boss.
On pull: Well, that was your first mistake!
On killing a player: Not as good as you thought you were, were you?! (probably with some maniacal laughter)
On death: This is only a setback... (In hopes of getting a new five man later)

7. Do you recall your first feelings about WoW and what were they?

I kept comparing it to Everquest at first.
I thought the art was cartoon-y and wondered why all the elves looked like body builders.
But things started to grow on me: Wait... I don't lose experience when I die? I don't have to loot everything off my corpse individually when I rez? I don't have a loading screen most of the time when I move from one zone to the next?! I get to ride something without having to be rich?! I get to play night elves like in Warcraft 3? Wait! There are -raptor- mounts?! (Darkspear rep was the first one Seish got)

8. What aggravates you most about WoW as it is today and why?

Mostly just people being jerks for no good reason, whether that's in saying cruel things or in behaving badly and queuing as heals in ret spec and not doing anything.
As for the game itself... I really hate CRZ. The merged realms are kind of growing on me but I still can't find anything remotely positive about Cross Realm Zones.

9. Horde or Alliance and why?

Well, I'm somewhat bifactional. I've got leveled Allies (two) and my Alliance hunter gets far more playtime than my horde one. But really, that said...
For the Horde!!  Because it's where I started and where a lot of my friends are. Because Blood Elf paladins and blood elves in general, and tauren, and trolls. (Tai insists that we have to add female orcs to the top of the list of glorious reasons to be Horde.) And I love the story.

10. What is your favorite movie and why?

I love all three Lord of the Rings movies. If I have to pick one of those it's probably Return of the King. And because well, it's Lord of the Rings. It's fantasy, it's epic.

11. What is your favorite song and why?

I like a lot of music. I like a very wide variety of music too, and I go through phases of listening to largely one type or another and I'll sit and listen to a song on repeat if it fits with a project I'm working on (and there's no one around to be annoyed.) So it's hard for me to pick a favorite song because my current favorite may vary somewhat day to day. But if I have to pick one that's been my favorite for years it's probably Soldier's Lament by Steve McDonald.

No comments:

Post a Comment