Monday, March 31, 2014

Liebster Awards (part one)

   

      I feel so honored! TomeMel, and Kamalia all nominated me for the Liebster awards!! Thanks guys :) I looked to see what this was and couldn't help being excited because it's questions... and I like questions since they prompt me with topics that I don't have to think up first. And so I can't resist answering all the questions (though not all in one post because it would be a million miles long).

Tome's questions:

1. How long had you been playing WoW when you realized it was not a passing fancy but true love?

This is a good question I think. Maybe a few months. I knew I liked it from the beginning, and back then I had a guild full of so many friends, always busy and chattering and that help. Then I started really soaking up the lore and the environment. I remember excitedly exclaiming to my husband one night 'My elf has a shotgun!' Maybe that was what did it? Any game where you can have an elf running around with a pet cat and a shotgun is pretty darn amazing. (That said I always mog my guns into bows now because I got tired of the shooting sound.)

2. Are you a screen shot taker and if so guesstimate how many you still have.

I am a screenshot taker. I wasn't as much at first but the more I play the worse I get about it and this blog has only encouraged me. I've got... thousands? Hundreds for sure. I think I still have pretty much all of them. Though lately I tend to spam a bunch to get the shot I want so I do sometimes go through and delete the ones that are just bad to save space.

3. What is your favorite zone and why?

Storm Peaks. Because of Ulduar and the way it looks in part, but most of all because of the music and the snow.

4. What are you most looking forward to or dreading about Warlords?

I'm looking foward to the new zones and new stories and Seish is so excited about having a garrison and army of minions. (I don't know what to do with him and his ego sometimes) But I'm dreading the decision about flying. I don't mind waiting 'til max level at all. I can even be fairly resigned to waiting until the first patch, but I love my dragons and they are just not the same on the ground so if they neglect to put flying in the expansion at all I will be a little heartbroken.

5. Who is your favorite non-essential character in game? A favorite repair guy or an auctioneer you much always deal with

There's one banker in Silvermoon that I always seem to visit, Hatheon. And Kiro the War Harness Maker next to the bank in the Valley of Honor is my favorite repair vendor.

6. When I first started my blog I was too scared to comment on others. Blog Azeroth Thanksgiving Event 2011 changed that for me. Is there an event or blogger that made you feel comfortable commenting on blogs?

Well Lae commented on one of my posts for her alt appreciation week and that made me feel a little bolder but I was still really shy. But gradually I kept trying and almost every blog I got up the courage to comment on I got these wonderful friendly responses. So there was a catalyst, but mostly I think it just comes down to the fact that there are a lot of awesome bloggers out there.

7. Do you have any strange WoW quirks? For example I seem to think the harder I hit the keys the more forceful my attacks are. I know ... but it can't hurt.

If I hold my breath while hitting the lucky roll button it won't give me gold again. Hey... sometimes it works. Usually not, but sometimes. And I do the same thing with my attacks! Hitting the button more forcefully makes them work better. It's science.

8. Do you have WoW themed things in real life? Example.

Well I've got the gryphon plushie from the pet store sitting on my desk next to me. I would like the windrider too some day. And I've got the visual guide and I'd have a phone case if they made them for my phone. So a few, I guess. I'd like to have more.

9. Are you lucky enough to have real life friends or a spouse who plays WoW too or are you bravely going it alone?

I've got several real life friends who play WoW. Including the one who got me into it! And then I got my husband to play with me too, though he doesn't like it as much as I do and is currently taking a break until Warlords.

10. Do you still find surprises in-game that you didn't know were there? I recently saw someone selling a Wine Glass. How did I miss that! My bank alt needs one! 

I still do, especially in cloth gear since I hardly have any clothies at all. And sometimes in older content, or little nooks and crannies in dungeons. Even in Pandaria I still stumble across neat little places that I had never seen before.

11. Finally, do you think you'll still be here when they pull the power and turn off the lights? I know I will.

I will. And I will be heartbroken. Azeroth is my second or third home.

Eleven Miscellaneous facts about me:

1. I am, in fact, female, even though the vast majority of my characters are not.
2. I love history, and cultures, and languages and particularly love well developed and fleshed out fantasy ones. I also love creating them for stories I write.
3. Green is my favorite color.
4. I play D&D with friends every Tuesday, where I play a whole lot of... you guessed it... Paladins. Though I play pretty much everything else occasionally too.
5.  I've got a soft spot for bards too. Sort of wish WoW had something of the sort.
6.  I'm a shameless coffee addict. I feel that there's very little that can't be improved with a cup of coffee or at least a good tea.
7. I love the horse mounts in WoW partly because they make me miss the ones I grew up with just a little bit less.
8. I'm a big fan of Original Star Trek. (Somewhat less impressed with the movie reboot.)
9. I could not name a favorite book or author because I love too many of them.
10. I do not currently have facebook, twitter or any other social media. WoW, this blog and an im program are where I do all my online socializing.
11. My best friend gave me the nickname 'Plaid' in college(It's a long story) and it stuck. I answer to it far better than to my birth name.

My nominees:
(I think most of you have already been nominated so please don't feel obligated to answer my questions too unless you want to.)
Kamalia et alia
Sugar & Blood
Tome of the Ancient
Reputation Grind
WoW I suck at this... (my real life best friend and occasional partner in crime and rep grinds.)

My Questions:
1.What is your favorite thing about WoW?
2. If you could add or change one thing about character customization what would it be and why?
3. Why did you pick your preferred class (if you have one.)? Was it the first thing you rolled?
4. What is your favorite WoW race and why?
5. What is the luckiest thing that's ever happened to you in game?
6. What do you think is the nicest thing somebody has ever done for you in game?
7. If you could play any race on either faction (Horde Draenei for example) would you still play what you do? If not, what would you play instead.
8. What are your plans for Warlords?
9. Did Mists of Pandaria meet with your expectations? Why or why not?
10. What is your favorite major city?
11.Do you or will you play any other MMOs?

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I'll add holding my breath when I roll, it sure can't hurt! Green's my favorite color too and you'll have to tell us the Plaid story one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the breath holding works better for you than for me! My success rate so far is pretty low.
      Green lovers unite! And maybe I will tell the Plaid story one day, or at least sum it up.

      Delete