Thursday, December 5, 2013

Transmog Contest Entry!

December 5
Across the sea is home and it is bathed in light...

     I think Mataoka is onto something here. My mood brightened up some after posting my screenshots yesterday. Maybe it was because I'd stopped procrastinating and felt good for that. Or maybe it was because I spent a while looking at screenshots of pretty things. 
      
     So I'm doing away with more of my procrastinating today and finally posting my entry for Sam's Transmog Contest. I saw some of the other entries and really couldn't resist making one of my own. I didn't even know this tabard existed! And I'm starting to think draenei are contagious. Because of course this set had to be built on a draenei, since it's their tabard. And of course it would have to be a paladin set. Because paladins. So I made myself a little draenei to model it for me, and I may have fallen a little bit in love with her while I was fiddling with it. 

Hand of Retribution
Head: None (couldn't find anything I liked)
Shoulders: Pauldrons of Winged Triumph (Raid Finder Variant)
Tabard: Tabard of the Hand (probably obvious)

And a little variation for the prot/holy paladins:
Hand of Protection (see what I did there?)

Not 100% happy with the gloves or weapons, but I'm surprisingly happy with the rest of it. I think it mirrors the tabard's downward fade to darkness pretty well. I had a lot of fun doing this.

6 comments:

  1. Very very nice! The T16 LFR items work really well with this tabard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. I think the gold is just the right orange-y shade or something.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for entering! Best of luck! And thanks for showing me your blog :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having the contest. I have really had loads of fun doing this! And thanks for coming and having a look at my blog. :D

      Delete
  3. Nice job. One of the things I love about this contest was the fact that you could use any class or amour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Yours were all gorgeous too!
      And I agree about the choice of any class or armor. It was fun not only because I got to do the one I wanted, but seeing what everybody else had chosen to do was also really fun. :D

      Delete